The Missouri Legislative Session Begins
Today, January 8, 2014, marked the beginning of another session of the Missouri Legislature. This marks the Second Regular Session of the 97th General Assembly.
As the Missouri Parent project also exists to inform our audience of public policy issues which impact public education in our state, you will begin to see more content published here and shared across our social media about the activities of our elected officials.
We would like to share a couple general pieces of information you may find helpful as the session works its way towards completion in May.
- You can find contact information, listen to live floor debate, and follow the progress of legislation through the Missouri General Assembly website. Additionally, The Missouri Senate and the Missouri House of Representatives have their own websites with these functions.
- There are several committees in the legislature which have importance to our public schools. These include the House Appropriations - Education, the House Budget, the House Elementary and Secondary Education, the Senate Education, and the Senate Appropriations committees.
- The Missouri Senate and the Missouri House both provide web functions for finding legislation by topic.
- You can follow live progress or ongoing discussions and posts about the Missouri Legislatures activities on social media by following the hashtag #MoLeg. Here are links to the search on Twitter and Facebook. You will also see #MoLeg on Instagram, Google+, and occasionally in our #MOParent posts.
- Finally, from the Missouri House site, we share a page highlighting legislative processes in Missouri.
If there are any other questions you have about our policy discussions, the legislature or issues you would like to see addressed, please leave a comment below or contact us at any time.
Posted on Wed, January 8, 2014
by MOParent filed under