Missouri High School Students Awarded for Citizenship
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) recently recognized 15 high school seniors for their exceptional citizenship. The 2014 Outstanding Achievement in Citizenship awardees are:
- John Bantle, Rockwood Summit High School
- Theresa Abby Bergman, Oakville High School
- Seth Boeke, Stockton High School
- Alexander Jackson Bollinger, Fort Zumwalt South High School
- Talor Crawford, Webster Groves High School
- Jessica Dennis, Lee’s Summit North High School
- Sophia Etling, Parkway South High School
- Nora Faris, Concordia High School
- Charles Darren Green, Malden High School
- John Korenak, Lindbergh High School
- Shelby Linneman, Brentwood High School
- Kaitlee Metcalf, Hume High School
- Nathan Rickard, Francis Howell High School
- Danica Ridgeway, Jefferson City High School
- Lauren Wilbert, Carl Junction High School
State Board of Education President Peter F. Herschend (left), State Board of Education member Dr. O. Victor Lenz, Jr. (right), and Missouri Bar President Jack Brady (center left) with all of the 2014 Missouri Citizenship Awardees following the awards ceremony on April 14, 2014, in Jefferson City. — at The Missouri Bar.
This year’s recipients received their awards at an April 14th luncheon in Jefferson City. Missouri Bar President John Brady and State Board of Education President Peter Herschend presented seniors with their awards.
The Outstanding Achievement in Citizenship award, which is organized by DESE with assistance and financial support from The Missouri Bar, awards students for exemplary community service and academic and extracurricular achievements in civics and government. Nominations are reviewed by a panel of educators and by members of the Missouri Bar’s Advisory Committee on Citizenship Education.
Posted on Fri, April 25, 2014
by MOParent filed under